Friday, February 21, 2014

One month of blogging!



Yay! Today makes a month since I started this blog. 

First and foremost let me express my heartfelt gratitude to all of you, especially my family and friends who have encouraged and supported me with this blog. Secondly, I would like to express my admiration of all those wonderful bloggers out there who dedicate all their time to blogging!Cooking is the easy part. It takes a lot of time and effort  to write down the recipes, take pictures, edit and post them. So many of the bloggers do such a great job of presenting their material; eloquently written text, eye catching pictures, step-by-step recipes; hats off to you all! Keep up the good work! For me, so far writing this blog has been a learning process. I, who didn't even know what a blog was, had a lot of learning to do. From  selecting a name, selecting a platform, the pros & cons of each one of them; getting a "this name is unavailable" message for 3 days straight... Ugh! It was frustrating! Then came the template selection, font, having to deal with widgets and gadgets, getting familiar with design.. It is still a work in progress..... especially since I know absolutely nothing about computers, software, web design etc. Next came the pictures.. I can cook, but I have no clue about photography . I don't have a single artistic bone in my entire body ! I also had to figure out how to watermark my pictures! I didn't know A,B,C of watermarking. Not only did I have to learn that , I had to find and figure out a software that worked for me (free of course since blogs don't bring you money)!

All that being said,I am still here. Let's see how far I can go. I do need your constant feedback and encouragement.

 If you have tried something and like it, do leave a comment and let me know. You can also email me pictures of what you tried and I will put it up here. If you have any suggestions for improvement or any requests, do tell me and I will do my best to apply it. My sister suggested that I should elaborate on the "Tip for healthy living" section. I will try my best to do that and provide references that are more reliable and valid.

Once again, thanks for visiting my blog. Have fun cooking, eating and  living healthy ! 

Cheers,

Suchitra



No comments:

Post a Comment